We did some site tweaking this year to our own website. We wanted to upgrade to Drupal 7 goodness, enhance the portfolio section and modernize the design a bit. Our primary goals for the site remained the same...
- Tell visitors who we are and what we do
- Make our portfolio the star of the design
- Make it easy for folks to contact us
Here's the thing. We did some user testing after the initial build to determine if we had achieved our goals. What we discovered is that we missed the mark almost entirely on goals 1 and 3. Back to the drawing board, a couple of tweaks later and our site looked better than ever and was truly centered on something we value highly...goal-driven design. See the details here: